Saturday, May 2, 2009

Packing bloody packing


Some say packing is part of the joy of traveling: crisply folded cloth, carefully wrapped shoes, stylishly contained toiletries and the neatly stacked traveling guides; I ask " Who are these people anyway?". For me packing is the otherwise much dreaded last minute routine that enhances the war-zone conditions my room would have been in any other day of the year. Muddy boots, hard hats, dried goods, meds, flash lights and first aid supplies certainly add to the illusion of war-zone in my very own bedroom. I think the only one who got a real thrill out of all this is my girl (AKA my cat, Gogo). I guess it must have been like a jungle gym for her! Hours later, as I am wrapping up the frantic packing process, I realized I had accidentally left my passport in the photocopier at Shoppers Drug Mart (Take it from me kids, it is not something you want to do a day prior to departure). Luckily, some kind-hearted stranger had picked it up and gave it to the post office where you can find me later on today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment