Friday, May 1, 2009

and it begins...

With the departure date drawing dangerously close, it finally hits me on Wednesday evening in the middle of my badminton match " OMG! IT'S REAL, I AM LEAVING ON SUNDAY! ". As my head was overwhelmed by the simultaneous run down of To Do and To Bring lists, a flood of emotions, uncertainty, and excitement quickly washed over me (needless to mention the disappointment on my badminton partner's face). I am no doctor, but something in me suspects this is a typical case of traveler's anxiety. After-all, going to Ghana for a month with a team of students to build a school isn't like going to brunch on Sundays. It is something I have been wanting to do since my mid-teen years (sadly almost a decade ago). The optimistic side of me tells me that this is the chance of a life-time, while the pessimistic side of me tells me to prepare to see a world that has no means to live the way we live in Canada. Through blog posts, I hope to share with you some thoughts, observations, and maybe with luck, a few cheap laughs, as we travel through Ghana to build this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment